From big names such as Apple and Fitbit to traditional watchmakers like Tag Heuer and Fossil. Dozens of companies are creating smartwatches that deliver notifications, apps and more to your wrist. Although features and designs vary, smartwatches can help save you time and keep better tabs on your health.
Many smartwatches have built-in fitness features, such as a heart rate sensor and GPS. The Fitbit Versa, for example, is marketed as a health-focused device rather than as smartphone replacement.
Some smartwatches, such as the samsung j7 smart watch, even work independently of a phone, but most are designed as companion devices. How do you decide which smartwatch is right for your needs and budget? Here’s a quick guide.
- Don’t buy a smartwatch without confirming that it will work with your smartphone.
- Pick a watch with a heart rate sensor and GPS (to track your runs) if you’re a fitness buff.
- Pay attention to rated battery life when shopping.
- Check that the watch band’s clasp or buckle is easy to use and easy to swap. Also, make sure that it’s easy for you to find replacement bands.
- OS and Device Compatibility
Bottom line: Don’t buy a smartwatch unless you know that it will work with your smartphone.
Other Things to Watch in Best Smartwatch
- Interface: Buttons vs. touch
- Design and Personalization
- Notifications and Alerts
- Apps and Watch Faces
- Fitness Features: Heart Rate and GPS
- Other Features: Calling and Mobile Payments
- Battery Life and Charging
You’ll need to decide what combination of form and function works best for your budget.